This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Friday, January 8, 2016

You are in my Thoughts


Good morning everyone, it's Friday (yay)!!  Sharing another card made with a newly released stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle, the digi Poppies.  



Using an A2 size card I trimmed down about 2" from the top and punched the edge with a circle punch to create my card base.  I embossed a strip of white cardstock using a Anna Griffin border embossing folder.  



The sentiment was printed and layered onto the card front.  Using dimensional glue I placed 4 dots of glue and covered with Fire Engine Red glitter.  Allowed to dry overnight then brushed off the excess glitter.  A red Pull Ribbon bow was added to the front.



For the inside I printed the single poppy from the set and centered it inside the circle opening.  A second flower was printed and fussy cut out and placed on top of the first image using a pop dot.  To create the splattered  look I used Alizarin Crimson Color Burst with water.  Dip a small brush into the color and lightly tapped the brush splattering the color.  


Sparkle was added to the flower using a glue pen, Spirited Green and Fire Engine Red glitter.  For the bow I used a piece of 1/8" Tear-ific Tape removed the protective backing and rolled the tape to create a twine, covered with Fire Engine Red glitter.  You can find a tutorial HERE for this technique.

Thanks so much for stopping by have a very blessed day, and remember....Keep Stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda