This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Festive Lantern


Good morning all, I would like to share a festive card with you using the new Festive Lantern stamp set!!

Festive Lantern

To start my card I used the new glimmer paste to create background papers.  Using the Emerald Green on green cardstock, Moonstone on white cardstock and Garnet Red along with a stencil on white cardstock the layers for my card were created and allowed to dry overnight.  These glimmer paste are so beautiful and can be used in some many different ways.  I just love how beautiful they are using a stencil.

Festive Lantern

The poinsettia were stamped onto the cardstock (sorry I forgot to take a picture) and stamped a second time fussy cut out and used as a mask.  The lantern was then stamped on top of the poinsettia mask.
The lantern was colored using copic markers.  To create the look of glass on the lantern dimensional glue was added to the glass panes and allowed to dry.  Dimensional glue dries clear looking like glass. Evening GlowWaterfall, Golden Silver, Sassy Silver and Sparkling Snow glitter was used on the candle.

Festive Lantern

The poinsettia were colored using copic markers and Honey Gold Crystal Drops were applied to the centers.  To applied the Gliding Flakes to the edges of the panels I used the large Nuvo Glue Pen.  I placed 3 small dots on the top corner using a green maker and then placed drops of Morning Dew Crystal Drops on top.  Using a marker with the clear drops really make for pretty embellishments.

Festive Lantern

A stencil was placed on top of the white cardstock, and Garnet Red Glimmer Paste was applied using a palette knife.  I hope you can see all the beautiful shimmer of this paste, it is gorgeous.

Festive Lantern

Using the glimmer paste on the cardstock created beautiful shimmery paper and layers for my festive card.

I hope you have enjoyed my card as much as I did making it!!

Thanks so much for stopping by have a wonderful day and remember.......Keep Stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda