This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Poinsettia Christmas Card

I love using the Flourishes stamp sets!  I picked this one up and have just loved using it.  I stamped this one with versamark and then in embossed with gold embossing powder, such a pretty look!  The leaves were stamped and colored with copic markers.  I used the lace and glitter technique to create the background paper.  I saw this last summer in San Diego at the Scrapbook Expo.  It was be shown by the Sparkle and Sprinkle booth.  It is a bit messing but the end results are worth it.  I used red and gold glitter.  All you need is a piece of lace the size of your card front, sticker paper, glitter and a brayer.  You will place the lace on top of the sticky side of the sticker paper and use the darker color glitter first cover the entire sticker paper.  Place a piece of paper on top of the glitter and brayer all over, remove the lace and use the lighter color glitter and repeat the steps.  It really creates a beautiful background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda