This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

4th of July

Good morning all, hope your day is off to a great start!!!  Today I am sharing a layout with you using the new digi Proudly Patriotic stamp set, along with some pretty heat embossed stars.  Come along as I show you have this came together.  




To get started on my stars for this layout I cut different size stars using my Silhouette.  Next I used this tutorial to create the embossed enamel look.  The stars were inked using versamark , Silver Bells, Holiday Blue, Sapphire,  and Red Apple embossing powders were sprinkled on top of the stars.  After they were heated using the parchment paper, I was not quite happy with the results, so I inked again with versamark, covered with Clear embossing powder and heat set again.  Once this was dry the stars had a pretty shine to them from the Clear powder.  I loved the look!!  I hope you will give this a try it is really a pretty look for your cards or layouts.



Next I used the Large Nuvo Glue Pen around the edges and glittered using Sassy Silver glitter.  


Strips of 3/4" Tear-ific Tape was placed on top of a strip of cardstock, the protective backing was removed  and a 1/4" strip of Tear-ifc Tape was placed in the middle.  The strip was then covered with Princess Anna Royal.  The protective backing was removed from the smaller strip of tape and covered with Sassy Silver glitter.  For the second strip the step were repeated using Fire Engine Red, and Sassy Silver glitter.



Next the flag image was enlarged and printed using the color set.  I then fussy cut the flag out and inked using versamark.  The flag was covered with Velvet Sparkle embossing powder and heat set.  The flag was placed on the layout using foam tape.





Sassy Silver glitter and the Large Nuvo Glue Pen were used on the smaller stars.   For the medium stars they were cut from sticker paper and glittered using Princess Anna Royal, Fire Engine Red and Sassy Silver glitter.  Small drops of White Crystal Drops were placed in the centers.   Small strips of washi tape was placed on the top right corner.


Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you have enjoyed my layout.  Be sure to hop over to the Sparkle N Sprinkle store to see all of the new stamp sets including digi sets!!  

Have a great rest of the week and remember......Keep Stamping!!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun page! Love the layout and the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout! Love how you created your stars and the Proudly Patriotic flag stamp looks perfect on here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda