This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Daisies Tag

Good morning everyone, I hope your 4th was great!!  We had a fun day at the waterpark, a little rain put a damper our fireworks!  All in all a wonderful day spent with family!!

I gave you a sneak peek of a project to come last week and would like to share that with you today.


This stamp set was just released from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  It is a really pretty stamp set, be sure to visit the Online Store for all of the new releases for the month of July.  I started this tag with a piece of tan cardstock.  Stamp the tan cardstock with the  Crackle Background stamp and white ink. 


I then cut a piece of white cardstock a 1/4" smaller than the tan cardstock and started creating the background for my tag.  


The background was create with different stencils, ink, gesso, Journal Mixed Media stamp.  The sentiment was stamped with black ink

The image was then stamped and color with copic markers, I stamped a 2nd image and color only the middle flower, fussy cut and adhere to image with pop dots.


Using Tim Holtz's Honeycomb die, for the honeycomb.  They were inked with versamark and embossed using Cooper Flame embossing powder.  Once the die cut was cool, I applied gesso with a brush lightly to create a distressed look.  

Using the Silhouette the large butterfly was cut.  Using a brushable glue and a brush, I applied glue to the outer edges of the wings and glittered using Purple Dust.


Next repeat the same procedure,  Spirited Green glitter was applied next.


Next came the Waterfall glitter.


I brushed a small amount of glue to the center of the butterfly and added Celestial glitter.


This turned out so pretty!!  The rest of the butterflies were die cut and placed on the tag.



I hope you have enjoyed my project, if you would like complete details on this project please see my SNS Gallery!

Thanks again for stopping by and remember....Keep Stamping!!

Belinda

3 comments:

  1. Great tag Belinda. Love the textures and your layering - lots of dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Belinda, this looks amazing! Love all the step by step photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, Miss Belinda! Love the stages of color on your butterfly, and the wonderful background to stage her on! Great tag design! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda