This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy Birthday


Good morning everyone, today I would like to share a card with you using the newly released Thinking of You stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  This is a beautiful stamp set!!  The background layer was embossed using a Anna Griffin embossing folder.  I placed a strip of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape along the outer layer and glittered using Autumn Medley glitter.  


To create the background panel for my image, I used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique.

To start I laid down Mustard Yellow, Spiced Marmalade, and Bamboo Leave ink onto my craft mat.



Next the inks were misted with water.


 Using watercolor paper I laid the paper on top of the misted ink, pressed down and lifted off.
The paper was then dried with my heat gun.


 I then placed the paper on top of the remaining ink and once again heat dried.



 Finished background, so pretty!!



 The sunflower image was then stamped with versamark onto the background paper and embossed with Coffee EP.  I used a brush and picked up so of the Bamboo Leave ink and placed on the leaves for a little more color.  I placed dimensional glue on the center of the flowers and covered with micro beads.  Using 1/8" Tear-ific Tape the twine was created using Autumn Medley glitter .  You can find a tutorial HERE for this technique.


A second flower images was stamped onto some remaining background paper using versamark and embossed with Coffee EP.  It was fussy cut around, dimensional glue added to the center and micro beads placed on top.  The sentiment was also stamped onto the background paper with versamark and embossed using Coffee EP. The flower was then placed on the card using a pop dot and some left over twine was placed behind the flower.  

Thanks so much for stopping by have a blessed day and remember......Keep Stamping!!






1 comment:

  1. Wonderful birthday card. Your background looks amazing and I love the step by steps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda