This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Monday, August 14, 2017

Have a Nice Day

Good afternoon all, hope you had a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!!
Today I would like to share with you a card made using masking technique with a really cool layering stamp set from Hampton Arts. If you haven't visited the new SNS website lately, you might not know that Sparkle N Sprinkle also sells a nice selection of Hampton Art, Stampendous, House Mouse, and Tonic Studios rubber stamps
 


To create the background I used Color Burst and water on watercolor paper.


 
The paper was then misted to create a really beautiful background.


Once misted this is what I had.  I lightly rolled a roll of paper towel on top to pick up the water.

 
Once dry this is how it looked, I was really pleased.  The next step was to stamp the fern image using Memento Cottage Ivy and heat emboss using Clear EP



Next the flamingo was stamped several times using Memento Lady Bug and Picked Raspberry Distress ink.  I continue stamping with the inks until I achieved the look I was going far.  The image was then fussy cut out.
 

 
 I stamped the pineapple and flower images out once and fussy cut them out to do the masking technique.  The images were then stamped using the mask to create this pretty panel.  The small flowers were placed on the panel using foam dots as well as the flamingo.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink using the Tropical Stamp and heat embossed with Clear EP. Sparkle was added using the small Nuvo Glue Pen and Sparkling Snow glitter.
 

 
The masking technique is really fun and works great with these layering stamps.  I hope you will give it a try here you can find a tutorial using this technique.
 
Thanks for stopping by have a wonderful day and remember......Keep Stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda