This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Caged Bird


Good morning everyone, hope you are having a wonderful day!  I would like to share a project with you using SNS products and Want 2 Scrap chipboard.

Caged Bird

To start my card I created my background using embossing pasteUltramarine Blue Color Burst, a  Prima stencil and Sparkling Snow glitter.

prep

I placed a small amount of embossing paste onto my craft mat and tapped a small amount of powder into the paste and mixed well.  The stencil was placed on top of a piece of watercolor paper and the embossing paste was applied on top.  The stencil was removed and I had a beautiful background layer.

Caged Bird

While the paste was still wet I lightly dusted the entire piece with Sparkling Snow glitter for a pretty sparkle.
The bird cage was die cut using Tim Holtz's Caged Bird die and embossed using Vintage EP.  This step was repeated twice.

Caged Bird

The small bird was covered with versamark and embossed with Skylight EP.  I decided that I need a bit more color on the bird so I re inked the tail with versamark and embossed with Flashy Flamingo EP, which gave it a pretty sparkle.

Caged Bird

I re inked the bottom of the bird's belly and embossed using Daffodil EP.

Caged Bird

To add the spots I placed a few piece of the Super Thick White EP and heated from underneath.

Caged Bird

The small Hydrangea was die cut using Spellbinder's die.  The flowers were inked on the edges and a small dot of Green Apple Crystal Drops were placed in the middle.  Two larger dots were placed on the bird cage using Green Apple and Bubblegum Blush Crystal Drops.

Caged Bird

Small leaves were added to the top of the cage using Sizzix Branches and Leaves die.
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day and remember....Keep Stamping!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sparkly background Belinda - thanks for the how-to! Your little bird is so cute, love how you've colored him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Belinda! I love the background you created with the stencil, and the bird cage and bird turned out gorgeous with the embossing powder! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda