This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wrinkle Free Distress

Good afternoon all, hope your day is going great!!  This morning challenge at Splitcoaststampers Hope You Can Cling was to use the Wrinkle Free Distress technique.  I had never use this technique and was not even sure what it was.  There is a tutorial here to show you what to do.  This is a really fun technique and the results are so pretty.  Here are two cards I finished using this technique.



For this card I used Tim Holtz's Distress Inks Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade and Memento Teal Zeal and Bamboo Leaves.  After the cardstock dried I stamped with Brilliance Coffee Bean using Finnabair Rust & Dust stamp.  The butterfly was die cut using Die-Versions Pretty Wings die on sticker paper.  Then removing the sticker paper backing a little at a time and applying different color glitter I created a beautiful sparkly butterfly.  The sentiment was stamped with black ink to finish a really beautiful card.  Love the look of the Wrinkle Free Distress paper. 


Using the same technique and only three shade of ink Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Bamboo Leaves I created a fall background.  Once the paper was dry I stamped with a leaf stamp using Coffee Bean ink.  The image is from Sparkle N Sprinkle Pilgrim Thanksgiving it was stamped with black ink and colored using copic markers.  The leaves were punched using white cardstock and inked with Coffee Bean and Bamboo Leaves ink.


If you have not tried this technique it is a must!!  I know I will be using it again. 

Thanks so much for stopping by have a wonderful evening and remember....Keep Stamping!!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Belinda. Love the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! I love the background technique on the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda